[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Les Paul 1974, Telecaster 1988-89, Gibson BR-9

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Les Paul 1974, Telecaster 1988-89, Gibson BR-9

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by eerrpp » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:12 pm

I have 3 guitars I'm thinking of putting up for sale. If anybody could give me insight to how much these are going for these days, i'd greatly appreciate it.

1. Gibson Les Paul - 20th anniversary edition - Black
It's in good condition. All original parts. Plays great, no electronic problems. I'm the second owner, i've had it since 1987. Some wear on the pickups - the gold color has worn off a bit from playing it so much. Some scratches on the backside of the guitar, paint job is good.

2. Fender Telecaster - Made In USA - Sunburst - from the serial number I've found it was made between 1988-89. I'm the original owner. All original parts. Great condition. Plays great, no problems.

3. Gibson BR-9 Lap steel
I'm the second owner. Volume switches need to be replaced. All original parts, except for the tuning pegs.

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]

[img]
[/img]
eerrpp

by Spud1950 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Here's some general info. The Les Paul. Exc.+ $2,850
Exc.$2,400
Avg.+ $2,100
Avg. $1,750
General $1,450
Here's some for sale. Asking prices seem to be pretty much in line with the values stated above.

Gibson BR-9 Lap steel

A lot of variation in the asking prices. Best thing is to average them out. You need to take into consideration that the pots needing replacement and the non original tuners do lower the value.

It would also help to know what year yours is.I know that this model had variations in the type of pickup that was used over it's long production run and that may have an effect on the value of specific model years.

Haven't found any asking prices or valuations of the Telecaster yet.
Spud1950

by eerrpp » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:25 pm

sweet. thanks for the info. I'm thinking I might be able to get the higher listed price for the les paul because I think mine is in better condition than the one posted on ebay that sold for $2900.
Yeah i'll have to fix up the lap steel and check out the specifics on the pickup. thanks again for the info.
eerrpp

by VintAxe » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:07 pm

Assuming we are talking about an American Standard Telecaster, the Blue Book places a value of $800 in EXC+ and $700 in EXC condition.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts