[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - I have a 1964 fender Strat neck

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

I have a 1964 fender Strat neck

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by sl1soloist2002 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:01 pm

Hello
I have a old fender strat neck that has 2jan64b stamped on the bottom of the neck .It has fret wear, took the neck to a local tech and they stated that the truss rod was in working order and the neck was straight, it also has the original kluson deluxe tuners all of them seem to work. it has the brazilian rosewood fretboard with the clay dots,, Just tryin to figure out what this neck is worth I have a newer model fender but not going to even attempt to put on that one.. Any feedback is greatly appeciated.. This is not a reissue

Thanks
Joe
sl1soloist2002

by VintAxe » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Well Joe, I can't tell you what the neck is worth, but I can tell you what someone is asking.

This guy wants at least $4,750. Looks like he has no takers at that price.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by sl1soloist2002 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:22 pm

sweeeeeeeet :D I wish mine was worth that I would be real happy if it was..
That is a lot for one.. I seen one on ebay a 63 model neck with the headstock repaired (looked like it was cracked badly at one time) ended at 620 but didnt meet the reserve

Thanks
Joe
sl1soloist2002

by VintAxe » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:48 am

Yeah, I saw that auction. He ran an auction before that one where I believe he had a $1,500 BIN on the neck. No one bought it so he tried again without the set price. Like you said, it didn't meet reserve the second time around.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by sl1soloist2002 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:46 am

cool Thanks for your info.. maybe I can get some good idea what its worth ..im pretty sure couldnt be worth 4700 mine is still in good shape like that guys is, but as you said he hasnt had any bites on it at that price..
this is a cool forum lots of good questions seems like everyone helps.. I wish I had the whole guitar :shock: that would be really cool

Thanks
Joe
sl1soloist2002

by sl1soloist2002 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:16 pm

sl1soloist2002

by Mgeek » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Well- my take on old bits of fender is that it's just a lump of wood

...you could probably get a REALLY nice custom made replica body, with a glorious finish, made from a REALLY nice piece of wood that no one would ever be able to tell apart from a real vintage piece for about the same price you could get a refinished, routed, oversanded original sixties strat body...

In other words- I think you've got a great head start on a vintage project, but I reckon an original finish body would be silly money and an original stripped body would be a waste of money...
Mgeek

by sl1soloist2002 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:49 pm

I sold the neck... didnt really have the funds to put one together and found someone with a vintage 64 body. For what I had in the neck ,,was really nice deal... Thanks for all yor answers and post

Thanks
Joe
sl1soloist2002

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts