The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Curious about value of a Jackson Kelly Pro model

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Jyaku » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am

I just don't play as often as I used to so I'm curious what I should try and sell this for:

Black 1994 Jackson Kelly Professional
Double locking floyd rose tremolo with tremolizer
24 jumbo frets on an ebony fretboard
neck thru body for long sustain
Pearl shark fin inlay
Original Jackson Seymour Duncan Pickups but neck pickup intentionally deactivated for easy tremolo mute (can be reactivated)
No nicks, scratches, in flawless condition.
I still have the original Jackson case, Dimarzio belt
Jyaku

by VintAxe » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:31 am

Hi Jyaku. I can tell you the Blue Book price which will give you a reasonable idea of value.

Sounds to me like you have a KE 1 from the first year of manufacture.
In Mint condition, the BB value is $850 ($700 in VG condition).

You can also add $150 to the value since you have the Floyd Rose rather than the Kahler trem.

It appears the guitar came in both Metallic Black and Transparent Black. You can add an additional $100 if yours is Transparent Black.

This should give you a start in pricing the instrument.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Jyaku » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:35 am

No the KE1 came out 1 year after. I remember that because I bought it and it was immediately discontinued. I wonder if that makes a difference.

Its in flawless condition (but played around so not mint - its defenitely not been bumped into, scratched, thrown etc by rockstars lol) except for the neck pickup which I intentionally had turned off.

And mine is a metallic black rather than a transparent.
Jyaku

by VintAxe » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:45 am

Hmmm. Well the BB doesn't list any Kelly models prior to 1994 so that is probably the best we'll do on value unless you can find a sale price on your exact model. Your description sounds like a KE 1 so my hunch is the value of your instrument will be close to the KE 1.

You may want to compare your model to the KE 1 to determine whether your guitar has any features superior to the KE 1 you can use to justify a higher asking price.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts