[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Rarebird Tele-Hawk Guitar?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Rarebird Tele-Hawk Guitar?

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by snowkiid » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Okay I actually don't know what my guitar is worth. I tried to do some research but I cant find anything with Rarebird guitars. I'm curious how much my guitar is worth and what series it is ex/ when it was made etc. The only information I have from this guitar is whats engraved on the back of the guitar.. "Rarebird Tele-Hawk, Built by Philip Bruce Clay S.N.# 410886

thanks!

[/img]

snowkiid

by Spud1950 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Beautiful guitar.The most info I can find on this brand is on the Jedistar site. There's some archived material in pdf form on this page.Scroll down.

According to this, your guitar was built in 1986.

Value on custom made guitars like this can be very hard to pin down due to fact of that there's not many around and you will very rarely see one for sale or that has been sold in order to get a feel for what people are willing to pay for them. I did find this one for sale in England. Different model, the asking price is equal to $1075.60 US.

Edit- Just checked the VintAxe collection and there is a 1980s Rarebird catalog with pricelist. It shows the base price of the Tele Hawk to be $1795. That was a very expensive guitar in it's day. Also, it lists a choice of Bill Lawrence and/or Schaller pickups as an option. Not sure about the neck pickup on yours,but the bridge and middle definately appear to be Bill Lawrence.
Spud1950

by snowkiid » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Is the bill lawrence bridge like a special edition of this guitar? Also just curious if this was your guitar how much would put on the price tag? do you think the value of this guitar would increase after time?

Thank you
For all of your information
snowkiid

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts