[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - just bought this today

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

just bought this today

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by musomaniac » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:39 pm

just bought this guitar today i think its an american stagemaster standard 1 but not sure , could you provide me with some info on it , and also how much it would be worth both in the usa and uk , not sure if the pics have uploaded

musomaniac

by musomaniac » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:40 pm

the serial number on the headstock is 23098200
musomaniac

by Spud1950 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Well,obviously your link doesn't work. The Stagemaster series were not not American made. They were Fender Squier branded models and were made in Korea. The Fender Showmaster series were made in the USA. Which do you have?

Korean made Squier Stagemaster Standard

American made Showmaster

Spud1950

by musomaniac » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:27 am

pictures below :D
Last edited by musomaniac on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
musomaniac

by musomaniac » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:33 am

musomaniac

by Spud1950 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:44 am

OK,Kramer Stagemaster. I was only familiar with Squier Stagemasters. Did a bit of digging. Yours is a Stagemaster Mach II Standard version,as seen here on the Kramer site. Scroll down to near the bottom of the page.

Problem is that the serial number configuration on your guitar seems to only most closely fit the ones on the Musicyo reissue Kramers. All the other Kramer serial numbers also have letter included. Check out what it says at the bottom of this page.

Found on the Net that Musicyo was owned for a short time by Gibson,who bought the rights to the Kramer brand name after the original Kramer American company went out of business.From what I read on the net, the Gibson/Musicyo Kramers were made in Korea at the same factory that was making the Gibson Epiphone guitars at that same time period. These Kramer branded guitars were basically pretty low cost imitations of the much higher quality and much more valuable formally American made product. I can't find any prices for Musicyo Kramers, but if my info is correct, they would probably only be worth a few hundred dollars,just the same as Epiphones of the same time period. What I would do is post on the Kramer Forum and see what info you can get.

Spud1950

by musomaniac » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:12 am

thanks for the info , i've registered with the kramer forum , and i'm just waiting to be approved to post !! judging by the build an d sound of this guitar i find it hard to beleive its a cheap imitation , but i'll see what comes up on the other forum
thanks again
musomaniac

by musomaniac » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:30 am

been on vintage kramer , my guitar is a late eighties, guitar made by esp in japan , found this link also which shows the exact same guitar and was sold in 2008 for $1000

http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-274 ... STANDARD-I
musomaniac

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts