[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Goya Rangemaster Hollowbody

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Goya Rangemaster Hollowbody

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by aidanthepanda » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Hello!
i found a goya rangemaster vintage hollowbody in red sunburst here in singapore, where i live.
it's in very good condition but i think the guy is asking way to much for it.
could anyone help me guess what it is worth?
it's a 60's rangemaster made in italy - very good playing condition with some cosmetic damage such as scratches etc, but very playable

He's asking for about USD - 1500 (including the original molded case)

cheers guys :)
aidanthepanda

by Spud1950 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 pm

I found two for sale here in the U.S.A.,both with the original cases. This one is in really nice conditon, red sunburst, but has a non original Bigsby tremolo and bridge added. $799

This one is in the natural finish, all original,in great condition. $1195

Just for good measure,I'll throw this one in,even though it's the solid body model. What a beauty! $1295 or best offer.

Spud1950

by aidanthepanda » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks spud!

that's all great, i now have a better idea, so do you think around 1200-1300 would be a decent price for it?

it's in pretty much mint condition but with a few scratches as mentioned.
what should i look out for in terms of wear and other things when checking the gutiar?
aidanthepanda

by Spud1950 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:04 am

I'm thinking more like $1100-$1200 would be a fair price if it's in really great condition. Then again, if you just really got to have it and don't mind paying another $100 to get it, that's cool. Your decision. A few scatches and minor dings are totally acceptable on a guitar of that age. You say it's in near mint condition, so if that's the worst cosmetic damage,I wouldn't be bothered by that in the least. Otherwise,just make sure all the electronics work properly, tuners work well,the frets are in good condition, etc. The usual stuff. You say it plays well, so it seems good to go.
Spud1950

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts