[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - ANTORIA J200-----SAKAI

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

ANTORIA J200-----SAKAI

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by QRECORDS46 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 am

Hi, I have just been given by an elderly relative two guitars.
I have a guitar myself but i don't know much about them.

Can anybody give me any information and values of these guitars please ?

The first is an Antoria Folk J200 from early 70's.
Inside label has model no 698---distributed by J.T Coppock ( Leeds)
It is in very good condition considering it is 40 years old. It is fitted with an internal tranducer pick up.It is a lovely sounding guitar.

The second is a SAKAI electric with one pick-up. I think this is also from early seventies. Not bad condition but looks like it has had a repair on the arm.

Thanks if anyone can help
QRECORDS46

by VintAxe » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:06 am

Hi QRECORDS46.

I'm assuming you are in the UK since the Antoria is distributed by a UK distributor. I don't know much about either guitar but I'll make a few suggestions.

If the Antoria is early 1970's I would guess it is a Japanese import acoustic since Japan was producing the vast majority of lower and mid level acoustics at this time. Without seeing what it is it would be hard to value, but $100-$300 USD would be a price range that would cover 90% of early Japanese imports.

The SAKAI is a low end Japanese import guitar. I've seen it reported that they were distributed by Woolworth's in the US back in the mid to late 60's to early 70's so they are a department store guitar. I don't know who distributed them in the UK. Again, the guitar would be hard to value without seeing what it is. SAKAI's would have been sourced from whatever builder gave the distributor the best deal in any given year. I have seen guitars branded SAKAI that were clearly built by Kawai and others that were clearly not built by Kawai. It hard to predict what you may have without a picture. In the best case scenario the SAKAI is unlikely to be worth much money. Probably anywhere from $75 USD to $200 depending on exactly what it is.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by opotable » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:26 pm

opotable

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts