[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Japanese Burny Les Paul Custom

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Japanese Burny Les Paul Custom

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by loskare » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Hey guys,
I recently bought a Burny Les Paul Custom for under USD 400 and was wondering what it was actually worth. i know that these go for around 900 new. i dont have much information about this guitar but i know its post-lawsuit (3 screw truss rod cover) and post 1988 (new headstock inlay) however the color and aging of the guitar lead me to believe that it is a pre 1995 model. this model came with a fernandez sustainer but the previous owner had changed them to the latest version of the burny VH1s (metal base plate with gray 4 conductor lead wire). the two mini toggle switches used to operate the sustainer have been converted to individual coil split for each pickup and the battery compartment cavity has been filled by a wooden block and has been sanded flush to the surface. the back is covered with a bicycle playing cards decal and has a matte feel. the neck has an extremely satin finish and the top and sides have a very thin layer of poly. pickups have been switched out for bareknuckles, staplocks and planet waves locking tuners have been installed since. Has a one piece mahogany body and a 1 piece mahogany neck with a two piece non-figured maple top. Weights around 9.6 pounds and has a C-shape neck with a 60's profile but a bit thicker at the nut with a depth of 0.92" and tapered to 0.99" at the 12th fret. Rosewood Fretboard with medium jumbo frets and small brass alloy fretwire.

If i could get an estimate of its worth, it would be great.

loskare

by Mgeek » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:50 am

Mgeek

by loskare » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:40 am

Yeah i've been on amazon and ebay and mijguitar a lot to figure this out but the prices are so varied its hard to pinpoint where my guitar stands. i mean i see some going for as low as 400 and some going for upwards of a thousand bucks...
loskare

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts