[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - HELP me value this Vintage Unusual GIBSON

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

HELP me value this Vintage Unusual GIBSON

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by medymelody » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Mmm I think I miss the word 'pickup' in the title :oops:

I bought this around 5 years ago from a local buddy that claimed this came from his latest grandfather's wrecked guitar (I remembered that time he also sells the other parts like tuning machine, bridge, etc).

I never had a chance to see the actual guitar (just all its left parts which are being sell at the moment) and since then I always wonder which Gibson guitar (or year made) that actually using this kind of pickups.

Because I read, search, and compare in everywhere but cant seems to find a match to this pickup.
This pickup was originally in gold I believe because I can still see some gold colours from its side (the top side is very relic).
Also, the bottom part has some kind of an electric board?

Can anybody help me identifying this kind of pickup and how much it worth if I plan to sell it.

BOTTOM

Best regards everyone... :roll:
medymelody

by Spud1950 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:52 pm

The model HB-R indicates the neck postion pickup. The bridge position pickup would have been an HB-L.These pickups were first used in 1988 and were designed for Gibson by Bill Lawrence. Check out this link.

Edit- some further digging shows that these pickups were used on certain Les Paul and Flying V models. Here's a 1989 Les Paul Standard that came with the same gold plated pickups and hardware.

Spud1950

by medymelody » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:37 pm

medymelody

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts