The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Unusual? Teisco Spectrum 2...what's it worth?

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by tspec2 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Hey all,

I bought this guitar a few years ago and posted it up on the site. I was really surprised by all of the warm welcomes and interest in this guitar. It's not perfect. It has a small chip out of the clear on the neck, a decent buckle mark in the back of the body and a small white smudge on the front of the body, near the bottom. The only defect you can't see in the pictures I'm attaching is the chip in the neck...I couldn't get a clear picture of that.

Unfortunately I've been able to do nothing but let it collect dust and realize the time has come to part ways with it.

That being said, I'd like to know what it's worth. I've been looking at Teisco guitars online for years, and have yet to see another Spectrum 2 with this body/neck/pup plate. I'm sure I'm just sheltered, as I've seen Spec 3's and 5's that look like this one....but the Spec 2 seems to be a bit harder to come by in this configuration.

Any idea as to the value would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

tspec2

by concrete_charlie » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Sometimes guitars are so scarce, or so unknown, that the market is sort of unknown. By the way, I LOVE YOUR GUITAR!!! That thing is awesome!
concrete_charlie

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts