The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Need help, Kasuga Silver Mellow Tone 12 String Acoustic

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by MrDuncalau » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:18 am

All i know, this is a Kasuga "Silver Mellow-Tone" 12 String Acoustic.
What i'm interested in is its possible year, and value.
I acquired it from a local classifieds for $200NZD about 8 years ago. Its got a few battle scars prior to my acquisition, but I love the sound it produces. Not entirely sure if i want to part with yet, but interested in what its worth.
No. W12 its says inside, if thats any help. Couldn't find info online bout this model, apart from a few Kasuga guitar manufacturing history lessons. Hoping someone might know more.

Thanks

Image[/img]
MrDuncalau

by Flute2 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:13 am

Mitch Penon ' Flute2' , Nerang Gold Coast , 04 333 06 808
hamzahpenon@yahoo.com.au
Goodday, I know your model well, I owned 2 of them, I can't remember if they were 6 or 12 stringers. First one I bought in 1972, I can't remember what happened, second I bought in 1973 in Sydney I think, took it to NZ, came back to Sydney in 74, where it was stolen.
How much is it worth? It's a plywood guitar, well built. These days an acoustic guitar should have a solid top ( not laminated ) to have value. NZ$200 was a fair price I think. Where do you live ? I wish to have a look at your Kasuga. Perhaps purchase it ( sentimental value ), or swap it with one of my guitars , which I think the RRP is 900 or $1000, a Tanglewood acoustic electric mini jumbo with cutaway.
The shape of the body of your Kasuga is copied from the Harmony Sovereign. I hope to hear from you Cheers
Flute2

by opotable » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:10 pm

good observation on the sovereign shape. 8)

i have a few harmonys and have had one or two kasugas but i never saw this model before.
opotable

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts