[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Kasuga F-200

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Kasuga F-200

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by dgmunro » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 pm

dgmunro

by VintAxe » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi Dave, I really know nothing about your particular model of Kasuga. I can tell you Kasuga acoustics were generally entry and intermediate level guitars. They were imported into the US under the Conrad brand name. I do have a Conrad catalog that shows a $1,100 Kasuga but most of the guitars list for between $250-$600.

Besides fancy inlays, your guitar's value is going to be determined by the wood used in construction. If your Kasuga is plain and made of laminate, expect a value around $175-$275. You can check the top by looking for grain on the inside edge of the soundhole. If it's laminate you'll see layers rather than grain. Check the sides and back by comparing the wood grain on the outside with the wood grain on the inside. If the wood is solid the grain should match.

If you discover your Kasuga is made with a solid top and laminate sides which is typical of the intermediate level instruments, price will move up to $300-$400 or more depending on the inlay work.

If you discover your Kasuga is made of solid top and sides you have something. I'm not sure Kasuga produced a solid top and sides guitar but who knows..

Let us know what you find.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by dgmunro » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:14 am

Thanks for your response.

I've had a look at the wood of the guitar....and from my very unprofessional eye i think i see the grain on the wood around the sound hole and grain that matches on the sides (inside and out)

I've uploaded some pics to Flickr and i'm attempting to add links to them for you to see. If they dont work when i've submitted then let me know and i'll direct message you with them

Here goes:

dgmunro

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts