The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Honey Delux Custom Pro Guitar

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Cmcl5188 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:52 am

A friend of mine has lent me this guitar to learn on and I am considering buying it off him.
Can someone please give me an idea of how much its worth so I know if I should make him an offer (He has no idea how much its worth either).
I have photos but I have no idea how to put them up on here. Its an older guitar but still in reasonably good condition. Really just curious about the company that makes them "Honey" there is almost nothing about them on the internet.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Charlie
Cmcl5188

by VintAxe » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Charlie.

Instructions for posting pictures is under the "Forum Help and Guidelines" thread.

When Kawai took over Teisco in 1967, it appears a substantial number of younger workers were either not happy with the new arrangement or redundant and destined to be terminated. These former Teisco employees started their own companies and brands such as First Man and Honey were born.

Honey made amplifiers, guitars and a few stomp boxes. Honey's claim to fame is that they were the first Japanese company to attempt accurate copies of guitars built by other companies. Their most popular guitars were Rickenbacker copies, but they also copied the Gibson 335 and Vox Phantom as well as other models. I think they also had a couple of original guitar designs in their line up. I'm not sure how long the Honey company lasted but I don't think they made it very far into the 1970's.

So, chances are good your guitar is a late 1960's Japanese built guitar of roughly Teisco quality. Value will depend on whether it is an interesting design and condition.
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts