[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Wandre Davoli

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Wandre Davoli

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by linutisp » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 am

Got this blue Wandre by accident. Can you evaluate it?
Cant upload photos, so here's the link-
http://euroguitars.co.uk/viewtopic.php? ... f&start=80
linutisp

by BluesHawk » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:02 am

Very cool guitar. But no, can't help. Maybe a local guitar shop will have a copy of the new Vintage Guitar Price Guide.
Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

by simonm » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:13 am

Hi

you got it by accident?

it has had a few quite invasive mods and some of the ugliest knobs known to man added, so the small (but perhaps wealthy) group of Wandre collectors might be put off.

If it was all original you would be talking at least £1000 and possibly a lot more - realistic prices are hard to verify as they are so rare. You will see ridiculous prices for Wandre gtrs online and on ebay, but not much evidence of sales!

It looks like a variation on the Roby model (body shape at least), but I can't find an exact match - send images to Stefano Aria at this website
http://www.fetishguitars.com/index/wandre.html

edit
just looked through the rest of the euroguitars thread
the controls in this video are closer to the original setup I think:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykd_MfHF ... e=youtu.be

Simon
simonm

by opotable » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:04 pm

opotable

by BluesHawk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks for the cautious approach, Opo. It's so hard to come up with a "fair price" for vintage guitars. We all have our own approach and I do refer to the VG Guide as a guide... :wink:

I also watch eBay prices...talk about an unreliable source of information :roll: . But eBay adds some market context.

I read guitar magazines, especially Vintage Guitar Magazine where I find lots of different opinions about what constitutes value.

Then there's the subjective part. I do my homework, decide what I really want, and set my upper price limit. My price limit may be lower than most will pay, but I take my time hunting, and always get what I want at the price I want to pay.

I'm pretty cautious in my process, and then I do take some risks. So how do you set a value on a vintage guitar, Opo?
Cheers,

Doug
BluesHawk

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts