The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Rare 1967 univox

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by spirithawk » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:00 am

Anyone have any idea what this guitar would be worth? I've only see one other like it, shortly after I purchased mine used back in 1967, and it was on sale for $364.00 a rather hefty price for the time. It closely resembles the Univox Grand Auditorium Western which didn't come out till much later. Also the Western had a Mahogany body and sides. My guitar has Flamed Maple sides, back and neck. Not laminate as the grain shows on the inside. Other diferances is mine has one less fret than the Western, fancier inlay on the head, clear plastic dust covers on the tuner gears, deeper color and much nicer fit and finish. This had to be one of the earliest Univox acoustics made. The only numbers are stamped on the inside below the truss rod adjustment and are 33 506. I'd buy it in a heart beat if I could find another just like it!

spirithawk

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts