[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Gretsch 6124 Chet Atkins tennessean anniversary

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Gretsch 6124 Chet Atkins tennessean anniversary

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by mikel aguirre » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:32 am

Hello everybody! It´s my first time. I´m fom basque country (Spain). I have this guitar since 1997, I bought it in London(in one of those nice guitar shops near Picadelly circus). The guitar is on very good shape (it was made in USA in 1962), It´s a nice sunburst piece and i´ve also have an original gretsch hard-case for it. I´d like to know for how much I could sell it??? Please , answer me...round here almost nobody knows what a vintage gretsch is. Thanks
mikel aguirre

by VintAxe » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:59 pm

Hi Mikel,

I don't know how much I can help you since prices in Europe tend to be significantly higher for American vintage guitars compared to prices in the U.S. Maybe a visitor familiar with the European market can suggest how European and U.S. prices generally compare for American vintage guitars.

My price guide values a Gretsch Anniversary 6124 in sunburst finish between $1,900 and $2,000 USD. I'm sure it costs more in the U.K. or Spain, but I cannot tell you how much more. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 am

mrblanche

by VintAxe » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:47 am

Hey mrblanche,

Actually, I think the Tennessean and the Aniversary are two different models. Apparently the Aniversary doesn't benefit value-wise from the association with George.

Aniversary: $1,900-$2,000
Tennessean: $2,900-$3,300

Here is a picture of the 6124 Aniversary:

Here is a picture of the 6119 Tennessean:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by cheepaxes » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:45 pm

The black guitar labeled '66 Anniversary doesn't look like any Anniversary I've ever seen. I have a Double Anniversary in Smoke Green. I have a friend with a sunburst model. I've seen other Anniversaries. Any Anniversary I've known had standard F holes and a square plate on the headstock with a diamond on it. I ran a Google image search for "Gretsch Anniversary" and the first page of hits was moslt guitars like those I reference above.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by VintAxe » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:46 pm

Great work Scott. I was lazy and went with the photo listed in the 2007 Vintage Guitar Price Guide. Looks like you found an error in their picture captions or Gretsch changed the f holes in 1966.

Here is a picture of the Anniversaries from the 1963 Gretsch catalog, should be closer to Mikal's 1962. Sorry for promulgating the VG error, if it is an error. Also, sorry for using the word promulgate. :wink: sb

VintAxe
Site Admin

by mrblanche » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:59 am

mrblanche

by Bob K » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:34 am

Bob K

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts