The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Westwood SG

Post here if you need help determining the value of a guitar you own or want to buy

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Shane Fredette » Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:25 pm

I have this real old Westwood SG that I inherited from my grandfather. I wouldn't ever dream of selling it, but I wanted to see how much it's worth if anyone could help me out. I'd date it somewhere around the 1960's, but I'm not entirely sure (I really don't know what other information I should give). I really don't know anything about westwoods either, so it'd be great if someone could give me some info on those. Thanks alot.
Shane Fredette

by VintAxe » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:11 pm

Hi Shane,

As I'm sure you've discovered, about nothing is known concerning Westwood Guitars other than they made Gibson copies.

If you are willing to post a picture of your guitar the fellas at VintAxe would try to figure out who actually built the guitar and give you an approximate value.

Instructions for posting pictures are at the top of the VintAxe Forum Index.

I hope you give us a shot at trying to figure out who made this elusive brand. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Shane Fredette » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:52 pm

Here are some pictures of the guitar's body and headstock.
Shane Fredette

by VintAxe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:10 pm

Hey Shane,

I think I've figured out who made your Westwood SG.

The headstock on your SG is very unique and matches the headstock used on Conrad SG copies. Conrad was a brandname used on import Japanese guitars by David Wexler & Co. of Chicago. Michael Wright suggests that Kasuga was making the guitars Wexler was branding Conrad. Given the similarities between your SG and the Conrad SG below, I would say your guitar was built by Kasuga as well and imported by someone other than Wexler.

The value of your SG is probably $300-$400.

The date on this ad is 1972.

VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to What is My Guitar Worth?

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts