[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Help identify vintage Supro

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Help identify vintage Supro

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Sabian » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:49 pm

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, and would like some help identifying this guitar. It belonged to my friend’s uncle who passed away in January. They found it in the attic wrapped in a quilt. I know it's a Supro, most likely from the 1960's, but I can't find any info on the model.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Sabian

by VintAxe » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:46 am

Hi Sabian,

Your guitar was marketed as the "Croydon". It was the most economical model in Supro's thinline guitar series (4 guitars in the series). It was introduced in 1968.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Sabian » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:55 am

Thank you Vintaxe! I appreciate the response.

I found a simular guitar listed on EB*y, but it was the 1967 "Claremont" - it has the tremelo, and mine does not.

Very interesting indeed. Are there any websites with info regarding this series?
Sabian

by VintAxe » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:19 am

Yeah, the "Clermont" (correct spelling, don't ask me why) was the next model up. You had to pay an extra $20 to get the whammy.

The top of the line in the series was the Stratford with 3 pups, sunburst finish and tortoise pickguard. The next model down was the Carlisle which had nicer inlays than the Clermont and from what I can tell, different pups.

I think the best source of Supro info on the web is the VintAxe Catalog Library. You are required to pay $10 to look at the catalogs for a month; a price I consider cheap but you may not be THAT interested.

Alternatively, find a post by our member jedistar and go to his website by clicking the www button on the bottom of his post. If there is Supro information on the web, jedistar will likely have it listed.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Sabian » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:07 am

Thanks again VintAxe! I will check out all these options.
Sabian

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts