The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

help identifying this guitar?

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by scott_tele » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi
I bought this guitar on ebay, and im having some trouble finding out what it is! The seller said he thought it was from the 60s, and said that it looked the same as an Antoria guitar he used to have. However I've trawled the web and I can't find any Antoria guitar that looks like it. The only other thing i have to go on is the headstock looks the same as that found on Teisco and Kawai guitars from that time - so maybe there's a link there? Any help is really appreciated :)
Thanks
scott_tele

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:17 pm

I've been so quick to call frankenstein lately that I'm hesitant to do so now... hahaha...

but...

that looks like a Supro vibrato... earlier Kawai (I think) pickups (seen 'em on Kents, too)... FIVE control pots, two rockers, and to sliders?

Hows abouts some close-ups, Scott? Hook us up!!
Michael Ambrose

by sneakypete » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:31 am

looks very much like any one of the dozens of brands that evidently were made in Japan in the 60s. Got that oversized headstock seen on so many here. I`d buy one of those if I were certain of being able to get parts for it but I`m not sure how easy that is nowadays. Lots of those around the web in Japan...might be a Victor, Pleasant, Kawai, Goya.etc etc etc...but it does have some unique electronics eh.
sneakypete

by scott_tele » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:30 pm

Yeahh, its pretty weird like. I'm still waiting on it coming from the guy i bought it from, but i should get it through the week so i'll get some pictures up for you guys then. Ive seen the same neck on a few Guyatones, so at the moment I'm kind of leaning towards that. Either way, it was only £40 so if it looks cool, who am I to complain! haha
scott_tele

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts