The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

I have searched long and hard can you help?

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by laltman70 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:08 pm

Ok, I have owned this guitar for many years with no knowledge of the brand or age. I know it is a Japanese made guitar just plainly because that is what it says on the back.

I have been told that it is a Teisco guitar, but any idea if that is right or what age and model it is?

Image[/img]
laltman70

by VintAxe » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:08 pm

Hey laltman70,

At first glance, I can help a little. Your guitar is definately an Aria, probably from the early 70's. It looks a lot like the Aria 1532T model, but the upper horn on yours is more hooked compared to the 1532T.

If you want to pin down the exact model, you may want to consider subscribing to the Catalog Library and sorting through the Aria catalogs. I just don't have time to do it at the moment.

At the very least we have moved you from a faulty Teisco attribution to Aria.

Good luck with your research. Let's hope a vigilant Aria fan can give you a positive model ID.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by laltman70 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:39 pm

Thank you very much, it's a start. I checked some pictures online of different Aria's and it seems to be a combination of two different models so the search continues
laltman70

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts