[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Cheri Telecaster

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Cheri Telecaster

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Bassman » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:58 am

Bassman

by VintAxe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Hey Bassman.

I do not know much about Cheri guitars, but I can tell you they are made in Germany.

I have a 1993 Cheri brochure listed in the catalogs for sale section for just a bit more than the price of a catalog subscription if you want to do some research.

Conversely, if you want to post a picture of your guitar, I'll take a look and see if it is listed.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Spud1950 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:02 pm

Spud1950

by VintAxe » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:23 pm

VintAxe
Site Admin

by Bassman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 am

Bassman

by Bassman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:26 am

Bassman

by frankpaush » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:19 pm

frankpaush

by frankpaush » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:06 am

frankpaush

by bigpmc » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:27 pm

I too have a Cheri guitar, and it puzzles me, since I have played a lot of guitars (strats, Les Pauls etc), and this guitar plays far far better than anything i have played before. When i search online, all I can find is the models that look exactly like the standard tele, and are generally speaking relatively cheap. This is the guitar i have, I would love to know more about it. I got it in about 1999 second hand, cant remember the price now, but it was worth every penny. In fact my guitar teacher who owned several "quality" guitars was going to buy it but let me have it instead. Anyways here is the pic, if someone could let me know anything at all about it, as all i know is that they made cheap copies, but this guitar doesnt fit that profile at all.

bigpmc

by Spud1950 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Your model appears in the 1993 Cheri catalog in the VintAxe collection. It's listed as the TL Heavy. Specs say solid California maple body with flame maple veneer top and one piece Canadian maple neck with a Gotoh roller nut. I found another one on the net that is exactly as it appears in the catalog. Says it was purchased earlier this month for $296.

As you can see,yours has been altered a bit. Bridge pickup and knob were changed and rhythm/treble indicator was added under the switch. Certainly looks like a quality built guitar to me. Very nice. The scalloping on the end of the fret board is an interesting touch! By the way, the catalog specifically says these guitars were indeed made in Korea.
Spud1950

by bigpmc » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:12 am

bigpmc

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts