[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Need info about my 70's starway!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Need info about my 70's starway!

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by magicmerse » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:38 pm

Hi there, i'm new to this forum and just wondered if anyone could shed some light on my guitar! It has the same tuning pegs and fretboard as the J-1 on the link below but its a kind of dark brown and gold colour. It also has 2 big white piano type switches for the pickups and 4 rotary tone controls. it has a whammy bar and the starway badge is right on the end of the head. Its in reasonably good nick but has one of the tone nobs missing. It has a lovely tone and is great fun to play, with a mega wide neck! I'd love to post a pic but dont know how to get it on! Thanks all! :D

magicmerse

by VintAxe » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:44 pm

Welcome to the forum magicmerse.

Instructions for posting pictures are under the Forum Help and Guidelines link.

Without a picture of your guitar I can't say for sure what you have but I'm wondering if it looks anything like this?

lemme know, sb

VintAxe
Site Admin

by magicmerse » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:05 pm

Thanks for that! Here is a piccy! :)

magicmerse

by 6StringPlank » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:15 am

I cant shed any light on this guitar but I can say I did own one when I was 12 years old. Sadly being 12 and very stupid the guitar ended up scratched, then twisted, then broken, then dumped ....

I am however, being much older and wiser, trying to track one down for purely nostalgia reasons ...
6StringPlank

by VintAxe » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:52 am

Hi Plank,

Don't feel guilty about you old Teisco, that was the life cycle of the majority of those guitars. I'm preparing to add 40 guitars or so to my For Sale page as soon as it warms up a bit. If you give me some specifics of what you are looking for I can let you know what I have. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by 6StringPlank » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:03 am

It actually was one of the above ..... that very guitar ..... the problem was when I was that age I finally decided the nice vintage guitar look wasnt enough for me ... I was METAL .... so I stripped it down and painted it black ...... never really was the same after that ...
6StringPlank

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts