[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Looking for pictures of 1986 Bently tigerfish please

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Looking for pictures of 1986 Bently tigerfish please

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Dragon1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi,
New here and am looking for pics of the Bently Tigerfish, 1986, I think that I may have two of them. Got them off ebay as projects awhile back and can find no info on them.
One is yellow with black tigerstripes and the other is orange with black tigerstrips and I am looking for any info on them. The shape of these guitars reminds me of the Hamer Scarab.
Thanks for any info.
Dragon1
Dragon1

by Dragon1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Bently Series 10
Also the fitted case one of them came with.(Alligator brand)
I would like to know what model or name these are, what year these are, and what colors they may have come in.
These are the only two I have ever seen like this....

Thanks,
Dragon1

Dragon1

by Spud1950 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:33 pm

I went through the Bently catalogs in the VintAxe collection that have the Series 10 guitars in them and, unless I missed it, there's none that show pictures of paint jobs like that. I'll look again more closely and see if there's anything in the write ups about that being offered as an option.
Last edited by Spud1950 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spud1950

by Dragon1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks,
Was a guitar like this with normal paint in the catalogs? What was it called? How much did it cost?
I'm thinking maybe 1986. And it almost has to be factory paint cause I have two of them. The black strips are identical to each other just the body color changes so there must be a master mask......
Saw a blurb on the net about a Ronnie Razor who used one as a backup guitar but didn't show any pics, just explained what it was..1986 Bently Series 10 yellow with black tiger stripes and said it was called a Tigerfish.
It did say you could see it on a band poster called "Murderer's Holiday" But I couldn't find that anywhere either.
Thanks again for looking, I've been looking for info for a couple years now and can find nothing.

Dragon1
Dragon1

by Spud1950 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Spud1950

by Dragon1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Dragon1

by Danno137 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 am

Murderers Holiday myspace page. About a quarter of the way down you there is a area that scrolls through band posters. You can see Ronnie holding this guitar in several of them.

http://www.myspace.com/murderersholiday
Danno137

by Danno137 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:43 am

Danno137

by theehman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Probably not the info you need but those were copies of the Hamer Scarab.
Ron Neely II
The EH Man, All-Knowing Guru of Electro-Harmonix
Electro-Harmonix info: http://electroharmonix.vintageusaguitars.com
Home of RonSound effects: http://www.ronsound.com
fx schematics and repairs
theehman

by mrblanche » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:17 pm

The black stripes are very close...but not identical. It may just have to do with how the factory worker in the paint shop laid out the stencils on any given day.

The are close enough to be within the normal variation of a mass-produced (or even custom painted by a shop on-premises) paint job.
mrblanche

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts