[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Old Cort Les Paul. Or so I've been told.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Old Cort Les Paul. Or so I've been told.

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by orangeinsomniac » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi all,

I've been trying to sell this guitar I've had for a few years. I've got someone interested, but they'd really like to know the model of it. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. Anyone have a clue?

Image[/img]
orangeinsomniac

by Spud1950 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:59 am

I'm pretty sure I found it in the 1984 Cort catalog,page 4, in the VintAxe collection. Model GE20. It's the only Les Paul model in that catalog with the diamond inlay on the headstock. The one pictured is exactly the same as yours,except that it's black, but one of the color options is listed as "antique sunburst" which would fit the finish on yours.
Spud1950

by orangeinsomniac » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:12 am

Oh, thank you so much for the info! It had been driving me nuts, and now I can tell the guy what he needs to know. I know Cort guitars are usually inexpensive, so I'm not expecting much for it. What do you suggest I sell it for?
orangeinsomniac

by Spud1950 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:44 pm

I'm not sure about the price. Cort made some very inexpensive lower quality models and also more expensive, better quality models. Some of the Les Paul clones had set necks instead of screw on,and some even had genuine DiMarzio pickups. I think your model would be in the middle range. Your model is described as having "Power Sound" pickups,whatever that means.Here's one just like yours for sale on CaigsList,although yours looks to be a bit nicer,condition wise. Maybe ask $200-$225 for yours? That gives you some some room for haggling.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge about Cort's can chime in with better info on the value.
Spud1950

by orangeinsomniac » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:55 pm

Ok. Thanks a lot for all the info. You've really helped me out! :D
orangeinsomniac

by preacher » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:28 am

I have a Paul Beuscher copy , it seems identical to me , the same diamond pattern.

http://vintaxe.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2391
preacher

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts