[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - What Greco model is this?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

What Greco model is this?

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Eezmo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:27 pm

Hye, i'm a noobie here. Could someone helps me identifying this greco guitar? And perhaps guide me to some info source. I'm guessing its a gretsch copy, RJ 85 Roc Jet but i'm not too sure..

thanx..
Eezmo

by Spud1950 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:29 pm

You guessed correctly.

Nice guitar!

Edit- Found another red one for sale. Asking price is $995. I also found out that the one in first link from Guitargai has an asking price of $1075.

Spud1950

by Eezmo » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:23 am

thanx for the link.. that red one is real a beauty.. i noticed that there's not much info on this particular model... is it truly rare or just not a worthy investment?

a friend is offering the guitar as in the pics above.. as u can see, the pickguard is missing and 3 of the original tuners have been swapped with no-name tuner.. 4 of the original volume knobs are swapped as well..

at $150, is it worth it? thanx again..
Eezmo

by Spud1950 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:34 am

Yes,from what I can tell, it's a rare model. Even with the missing guard, changed tuners and different knobs, it's still a way cool guitar and worth way more then $150.If the prices on the two I linked to are accurate,I'd feel comfortable saying that,if the electronics all work ok and there's no other major problems, it's probably still worth $600-$700. Those Greco's are excellent, high quality guitars.If it was offered to me at that price,I'd jump on it. It's a no brainer to me. You might also go to this Greco forum and post there. You may be able to get some more accurate info on it.

Spud1950

by Eezmo » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:36 am

thanks for the link..

the electronics all working just fine.. no problem with the neck as well.. just a few minor dings and chips around the body..

i think i'm gonna buy it..

i believe originally greco uses gotoh tuners on this.. gonna buy a new set of tuners as well.. as for the bridge, it has " SG.Bridge.F 8107 Made in Japan " engraved underneath..

i think the hard part is finding the replacement for the pickguard..

but still i wonder why there's not much info about this model.. even the catalogues are nowhere to be found..
Eezmo

by cheepaxes » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:28 pm

If you can't easily find a reissue Gretsch Jet pickguard, I'd try a generic LP-type pickguard. Or go sans pickguard.

Scott
cheepaxes

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts