[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - help with identity/info on old guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

help with identity/info on old guitar

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by skess762 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am

I bought this from a guy in the early 80's. He said he used to play it in a bar band in the late 60's. He didn't remember much about it.

I tried to find info on it myself, but with no background in guitar history, I really don't know where to begin. It seems like there is a lot of guitar knowledge on here, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

More Pictures here:
http://img138.imageshack.us/g/guitar5.jpg/

Thanks,
Scott
skess762

by VintAxe » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi Scott.

I don't have an airtight positive ID for your guitar but I have some thoughts. I think the guitar was built by Greco. Here is a 1968 Greco EG-200 that appears to be essentially the same model as yours.

Notice that your guitar has the same trem unit as the EG-200 although the pups, switches and knobs are different. However, your guitar has the same knobs as my 1966 solidbody Greco. The sliding pickup switches are also found on mid 1960's Grecos.

So, I think your guitar is likely a mid 1960's Greco hollow body.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by skess762 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:43 pm

skess762

by Bassassin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:24 pm

Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by VintAxe » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Hey fellas.

Here is the other guitar I was looking at that led me to suggest Greco. This is a hollowbody with florentine cutouts from a 1967 Greco catalog. In this case, a very different body but very similar hardware. To me, skess762's guitar looks to incorporate many of the features of the EG-200 and this instrument. Does this one look like a Fujigen to you Jon?

VintAxe
Site Admin

by skess762 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:37 pm

skess762

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts