[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - My heart aches for a japanese teardrop

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

My heart aches for a japanese teardrop

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Dunder » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:01 am

Could this be the one?
but oh that whammy bar and oh that single pickup I fear it'd be an extravagance. I need to actually play these things.
right now this week I must let it go.
tell me I won't regret tthis. auction finishes saturday (at trademe.co.nz)
does anyone have a guess about the bridge? I acn't tell from here.
Dunder

by Mgeek » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:53 am

I'm gonna go with that being someone's homebrew project...could be worth picking up for the hardware alone if that's a real bigsby
Mgeek

by Dunder » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Dunder

by cheepaxes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:27 am

Something about it looks off to me. In a way it looks cool, in that it looks more like a lute than a guitar. But measuring the distance from nut to 12th fret and comparing that to the 12th fret-to-bridge distance it appears that the bridge was put too close to the nut (unless there's some optical illusion/foreshortening thing going on). Also, it looks like the bridge has no string guide slots and the string spacing is a function of the tailpiece spacing. Look how far the low E string is from the edge of the neck. I think this thing might require some work before it's playable.

That said, that pickup *is* mighty neato.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by ighut » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:15 am

2 things strike me from the pics. It looks like there was some type of binding along the body, not a real homebrew aspect and all those screwholes suggesting a different tail piece looks intriguing. Like it came with a different setup and someone stuck the whammy on and had to adjust with a different style bridge. Maybe it got sanded down and painted white to give it a Brain Jones look.
ighut

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts