[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Probably a Teisco. But I'm clueless.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Probably a Teisco. But I'm clueless.

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by troiani » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:34 pm

I've searched for so many hours to find out what this is. I bought it from a local on a visit to Florida. I might've overpaid. But I'm currently rippping my hair out trying to repair it. The neck won't bolt on correctly, thus super high action. I think the block of wood that holds it down may have shifted or come loose. I think they're just glued in. One guy I talked to who repairs guitars thought it was a Teisco. Kawai makes a similar one.

Please help.

-Roger
troiani

by ighut » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:02 am

Are you certain that neck is for that guitar? Something feels odd about it.
ighut

by johnnyb » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:34 pm

not sure what you have there, but these guitars were rarely set up or put together to play very well. do the bolts tighten the neck properly to the body? 90% of the time the old 60s mij guitars require a shim to be made playable. it also looks like your bridge is missing the bottom part, hard to tell from the pictures what is going on, better pics would help. if the wood block did come loose there would be a lot of movement going on around the joint area.

john
johnnyb

by troiani » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:51 am

Yes, a few people I talked to suggested that it might be a replacement neck. And I think it's a definite possibility.

And about half the parts from the original tremolo are there, though it DOES look like the tremolos that were on most Teiscos. But as for the neck, it doesn't bolt on firmly at all. I tried a shim, but the lack of grip from the bolts combined with the string tension does nothing but raise the action. Is there any way I could make the bolts hold properly? I feel like that would solve it.
The wood block didn't come loose as much as just shifted about a millimeter (if that). It's very firmly rooted, I may have misunderstood the gentleman who told me that.

But I'd be willing to upload pictures of any other angles or specific areas. Just say what you need.

I know it might be a huge pain, but I kind of just want to get it playable. It's got a really cool sound.

Thanks,
Roger
troiani

by ighut » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:49 am

Well a millimeter here and there were pretty much the standard allowance for error on some of those, so that could be how it was sent off. But the neck not bolting on properly...are you saying that the bolts or screws are too long to start and are bottoming out or that there is some stripping?
ighut

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts