[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - A request for some information on the following guitars

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

A request for some information on the following guitars

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by DJForce-X » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:37 am

Hi,

I inherited these guitars when my dad passed away last year, I've only really just got round to cataloging them.

I'd appreciate any further information you can give me apart from what i have lifted from each model.

Avon Rose Morris
http://www.djforcex.co.uk/guitar/GT1.jpg

Commodore Flying V
http://www.djforcex.co.uk/guitar/GT2.jpg

Burns Club Series Marquee, electric guitar, Soft Case (SN. 2002603)
http://www.djforcex.co.uk/guitar/GT3.jpg

VOX Hollow body guitar
http://www.djforcex.co.uk/guitar/GT4.jpg

Vintage (looks like an SG copy 70's era)
http://www.djforcex.co.uk/guitar/GT5.jpg

Aria Pro II Urchin Deluxe Electric Guitar, Hard Cased (SN. 3010006)
http://www.djforcex.co.uk/guitar/GT6.jpg

Aria Pro II Excel Series electric guitar Hard Cased (SN. 0012711)
http://www.djforcex.co.uk/guitar/GT7.jpg

Kimbara 12 String Acoustic Guitar fitted with george l's pick up, Hard Cased. (SN. 23T12SGR)
http://www.djforcex.co.uk/guitar/GT8.jpg

Ovation Celebrity CP257, Semi Acoustic Guitar, Soft Case
http://www.djforcex.co.uk/guitar/GT9.jpg

Thats all the info I currently have, I did use some google-fu but nothing really conclusive on some of these.

Any help is muchly appreciated, I am more a bass player than a guitar one.

I will also be looking to sell some of these at somepoint as i dont really have the space & I want to get new bass guitar & amp.
DJForce-X

by Spud1950 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:24 pm

Here's a few that I've found so far.

The Avon Rose Morris is an inexpensive Japanes made guitar. Here's discussion of it.

Here's one that sold on eBay

Same thing for the Commodore Flying V, another inexpensive Asian made guitar. Here's one with an asking price.

The Burns is a fairly recent re issue, made in Korea. Here's two for sale.

The Vintage brand SG is actually newer then the 1970s. Still being made and sold. Here's the current prices. Yours is a model VS6. Can't find any used prices, so I'd say knock off about 40 - 50% as a used price.

Will do some more searching later on the others.

Edit - Info on the Aria's. The Urchin Deluxe is a pretty rare bird, only made from 1982-1984 at the Matsumoku factory in Japan. The Matsumoku made Arias are really good quality guitars.

Here's one that sold on eBay

From what I gather, the Aria Pro II Excel series guitars were made in Korea, starting in the very late 1980s after the Matsumoku factory was destroyed by fire. Korean made Arias have lower values then the Japanese made ones. Just not the same high quality build as the Matsumoku built models. Here's one that sold on eBay.

Spud1950

by DJForce-X » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:45 am

DJForce-X

by VintAxe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 am

I've bought and sold several Urchins over the years but not recently enough to have a good feel for current prices. The Urchin series came in 3 models. The U was pretty basic and only came in Black or White. You used to be able to buy them for between $100-$200 but I sure those days have passed. I recall buying a White one from eBay for $100 and I think I sold it for around $225.

The U Deluxe was similar but came in either red or green flamed finish. I think I still have both a red and green one around here. They used to sell for between $200-$300.

The top of the line U-100 was a different beast altogether. Lots of fancy circuits and nice wood. I've only seen one of these sell and it brought some real money. Seems like it sold for between $600-$800 if memory serves. I wanted it but got outbid by someone that wanted it more. It was a limited edition model so there are probably not too many U-100's out there.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Mgeek » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:29 am

I picked up a slightly battered greenburst flamey Urchin earlier this year, and got £180 for it on ebay, even with the scuffed up finish and neck break.

I found a facebook group about them, might be worth offering yours on there if you want to flog it
Mgeek

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts