The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Unknown 70s Japanese strat copy

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by husc » Fri May 11, 2012 1:24 am

This is my first post here, what a great resource! I joined to start my research in getting to know my next guitar..

..I found this guitar online:

..and I am about to purchase it next week, curiosity got the better of me, so I decided to start this topic with the information I allready got.

According to the current owner it has 'made in japan' on the back metal plate with the neck bolts. The 'fender' sticker/decal on the headstock is (obviously) fake.

My knowledge of vintage or japanese guitars is very limited, so thanks for any help you can give me...

- sander
husc

by VintAxe » Mon May 14, 2012 6:29 pm

Hey sander.

I don't have a positive ID on this guitar. It has the build characteristics of Teisco-Kawai but I don't recall seeing those Fender style pickup covers on Teisco-Kawai models.

Did you buy it?
VintAxe
Site Admin

by husc » Tue May 15, 2012 2:57 am

It will be mine tonight!

I'll take some more pictures and if necessary I'll take it apart to clean, fix and maybe get more information about it..
husc

by husc » Wed May 16, 2012 1:31 am

Got it yesterday and it's in great shape, I got home late, so haven't plugged it in yet.

The guitar is very lightweight and has a small body and large brandless headstock.

I removed the fake Fender sticker, here's some more pictures:

Hope these help to identify it, because I am clueless. I can open it later this weekend and use a proper camera, if necessary!

(and sorry for the large pictures, I can't seem to resize them with html!?)
husc

by wietse » Sun May 20, 2012 2:07 am

lordbizarre http://www.lordbizarre.com has an identical guitar on his site branded hudson.
and with that neckplate almost every japanese builder of that era is possible except matsumoku.
wietse

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts