[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - NoName Korean Flying V

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

NoName Korean Flying V

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by VintAxe » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:16 pm

Just wondering if anyone can help me determine who may have manufactured this Flying V. The only mark I have found on it is the "Made in Korea" sticker that you can see on the back of the headstock. The neck plate is blank.

It's hard to tell from the photos, but the guitar has a heavy, epoxy-like metal flake finish.

Does anyone have suggestions for who may have produced this guitar and when? thanks, sb

VintAxe
Site Admin

by fltbrok89 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm not sure what model, but that's probably a Cort.
I'm basing my judgment off of this picture...

The guitar pictured and yours seem to be quite similar.
fltbrok89

by Bassassin » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:46 pm

It's a longshot, but I'd say it's a Samick, rather than a Cort.

The truss rod cover on this V is the same shape as those which appear on Hondo-branded guitars, which were Samicks:

http://www.angelfire.com/in4/headsandhu ... hondo1.jpg

Cort copies often used similar shaped covers to late 70s Matsumoku copies & originals, like this style:

Are there any other stickers on the back? Sometimes Samicks have circular inspection stickers, and silver foil ones bearing a model number.

Jon.
Last edited by Bassassin on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by RuppMusic » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:23 pm

Hey that's my Cort! Not the one in question, the yellow one. Wow, just breezin through he posts and see that. Cool

Both Cort and Samick made a lot of guitars for other companies so it's hard to tell.
RuppMusic.com - House of Fine and Vintage Guitars
RuppMusic

by fltbrok89 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:34 pm

Yeah I didn't even look at the truss rod cover.
Good catch.
fltbrok89

by VintAxe » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I think Cort and Samick are both prime suspects given the time period I think this fella was produced.

And Jon, no other stickers other than the "Made in Korea".

sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts