The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Another help with ID and decision

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Bodean » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Sorry to ask again, but I have another guitar question. I found this guitar for sale saying unknown name 50's or 60's guitar. I can get it for about 65.00 including shipping. Do you think it is worth the money? And what is it? My concern is finding the bridge and whatever tremolo or vibrato goes in that hole, and its availability. I guess I am a sucker for a guitar in need of help.
Attachments
unknown 1.JPG
unknown 2.JPG
unknown 4.JPG
unknown 3.JPG
Bodean

by Phizix » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Looks like some mid 60's Teisco from what I can see. $65 shipped seems about right for something like that but It looks like someone already stripped all the valuable hardware off of it (bridge, tailpiece/vibrato, tuners). Pretty much all you are left with are the pickups/pickguard, switches, and knobs.

If it were me I would just use it for parts. If the pickups and electronics work then that is worth $65 right there. You could easily spend way more money than the guitar will ever be worth just trying to track down the individual parts to put back on, and parts prices for these guitars are usually ridiculous. Even if it is complete and in good shape this is still probably a $200-$300 guitar. They stripped the parts off because they probably sold them for as much or more than the guitar was worth complete.

Here's a Teisco parts guitar I currently have for sale for reference
https://reverb.com/item/232111-teisco-m ... s-sunburst
Phizix

by Bodean » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:30 pm

Thats what I wanted to hear. I appreciate the advice
Bodean

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts