[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Decca guitars...

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Decca guitars...

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Thegreg » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:11 pm

i have an old Decca guitar that i picked up at a pawnshop some 8 or 9 years ago. it has no model number or serial number on it, just Decca on the head. i dont know much about guitars, but i know it has one pick up and 2 knobs. overall its in about 80-85% condition, with some nicks in the paint. right now the guitar is at my parents house in my old room, so i cant take pictures of it (i live an hour away), but i will have pictures posted as soon as possible.

in the little research that i did i found out that Decca was a recording company (now a subsidiary of MCA?) that released these beginner/starter instruments in the 60's and 70's...does that sound about right?
Thegreg

by Thegreg » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:30 pm

heres some pictures of the guitar. if you need to see any more i can take whatever you need to see.

the yellow crap on the pick guard isnt there for real, its a mess up of the picture or something.

Thegreg

by Big Beat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:49 pm

Made by Kawai for Decca Records c. 1969-71. The pickup is the giveaway. Model number something like DMI-XXX (not sure what the actual number is, but it would be DMI prefix plus 3 digits). Earlier Deccas (like those on my site linked above) were made by Teisco.
Big Beat

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts