[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Can anyone ID this Les Paul Copy?

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Can anyone ID this Les Paul Copy?

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by anoddin » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:55 am

I bought this used Les Paul copy for $400 about 12 years ago, it is solid body & pretty heavy but it has a great sound; pickups have been changed out for EMG's before I got it and knobs were black but had to be replaced. Frets are pretty worn as well but I like it enough to get the work done; it's certainly seen a lot of play. Always been curious just who made it, I would appreciate any help; no name on guitar but # on bolt on neck plate is 9016761
Many thanks,
Andy
you can see the pics here:
anoddin

by VintAxe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:10 pm

Hey Andy,

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you, I just don't have an ID on your Les Paul copy yet. The headstock will be the key, but I still haven't found a match.

Do you think the EMG's are original or replacement pups?

It looks Japanese to me but I haven't gotten any further than that. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by anoddin » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:12 pm

Many thanks for all your efforts, it is greatly appreciated ! Looks like the emg's have been added, inside the cover I can see all the soldering connections and although well done it does not look factory. Guitar has been around for some time and has a couple good dings & lot's of surface scratching from being played. It has such a nice sound and I really enjoy playing it, only drawback is the weight, it's a real pain in the shoulder sometimes. Again thank you and I'll keep visitong the board!
Best regards
Andy :D
anoddin

by Bassassin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:47 pm

That headstock shape is very similar to the Aria Pro "transition" guitars from 1979:

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/ariapro ... trans.html

I'm sure I've seen an Aria Pro with this shape headstock & a conventional LP shape body.

However, the neckplate isn't anything I've seen on a Matsumoku guitar - is that a tilt adjusting screw I can see? That rings a bell - regrettably not loud enough to be able to place it!

It might be worth asking on the "Unknown or Un-Identified Labels-Brands" board at www.matsumoku.org.

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts