[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Identify this $10 guitar for me.

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Identify this $10 guitar for me.

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by ZaKaTaK » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:13 am

I bought this guitar for $10 at a garage sale and have no idea what it is or where its from. It has no markings of any kind to give any kind of hint. Help me? Here are some pics. (they are only thumbnails, you can click on them for a larger view.)

These pickups are weird... the gold you see inside has a cool wavy design etched in it.

The bridge has a weird cover over it that pivots up and down like shown to allow you to insert the strings.

Help me. please.
ZaKaTaK

by mrblanche » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:13 am

There are some real experts around here, and they'll probably know exactly, but I think it's a Teisco.
mrblanche

by ZaKaTaK » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:47 pm

ZaKaTaK

by newey » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:13 pm

ZKT-

My guess is a Norma, late 60's vintage. I had a single pickup one back in the day, and while the body style was slightly different, the gold mesh pickups you have were identical to the one on that guitar. Also, the single bar string retainer is a clue. and the bridge shape is similar.

The Norma guitars were just a brand name for US distribution, made by other Japanese manufacturers, there's more info on Vint's history pages.
newey

by cheepaxes » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:06 pm

I also suspect it was made by Teisco, or whoever was making Teisco at the time. The Teisco gold foil pickups are prized by some. Ry Cooder is known to have installed them on a Strat, and eBay auctions for those pups often mention the Cooder connection. Google cooder teisco gold foil.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by W9Z9PW » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:18 am

I think this may be a Norma, me too...
W9Z9PW

by cms » Tue May 13, 2008 11:22 am

That really looks like Teisco.
cms

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts