[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - 1959 Russian Acoustic Guitar?????

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

1959 Russian Acoustic Guitar?????

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by ZaKaTaK » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:55 pm

UPDATE: Turns out its Slovanian and "tovarna glasbenih instrumentov" means "Musical Instrument Factory."

UPDATE: After trying to tackle the russian google search I have come to the conclusion that I don't know russian.

Check this out. I think its from Russia but I have no idea. The picture of the logo is inside the body cavity. Under the "Melod" or "Melos" graphic there is a small "1959" stamp (cant see it in picture due to the flash..)

It says "tovarna glasbenih instrumentov" underneath the logo in case you can't read it.

any idea??

ZaKaTaK

So?

by ZaKaTaK » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:54 pm

Hey vintaxe I seriously scoured the internet for just a picture of one of these things and I drew a blank. Do you have ANY idea?
ZaKaTaK

by VintAxe » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:42 pm

I don't have a clue on this one ZaKaTaK.

Big Beat has a site that deals with Soviet instruments and he's very knowlegeable. He publishes occasionally in Vintage Guitar Magazine on Eastern Bloc and Soviet Guitars. His personal site is here but I don't know how active it is:

Big Beat is also a moderator on the Cheesy Guitar Forum. At least someone there will be able to read Russian and translate to English for you:

Last edited by VintAxe on Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Big Beat » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:43 pm

Well, this guitar is definitely NOT Russian, Czech or East German. Melos is not a brand that I'm familiar with, but it is likely from East Europe somewhere. Interesting.

Yes, my site is long overdue for an update :)
Big Beat

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts