[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - hondo h-1111 guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

hondo h-1111 guitar

Post here if you need to determine the manufacturer, model or age of your electric guitar

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Allchix » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:08 pm

hi there,
i bought an hondo h-1111 guitar about 2month ago at an second hand shop,
the sound really is great, the body looks like new and the guitar was rather cheap (200€)
but poorly i cant find any details about that guitar ( how old it is, reviews about the quality,
the common price etc..). another thing that makes me wonder is, that it seems like that i can switch
between humbucker/ singlecoil sound at each pickup which is rather special i guess.
the best information ive found yet was " http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... -1100/10/1 "

btw sry, english is not my native language, neither am i a guitar pro, so iam not sure what further informations
you need to give me some answers, iam right now at work so i cant post the serial number, but at least
here are some pictures.

ps: the guitar was made in japan if that is any help

thanks alot anyway

some links might not work though, i will fix that later on / you might also try cope and paste the links manual
Allchix

by VintAxe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Hi Allchix,

Your guitar appears in the 1981 Professional Series Hondo catalog so early 80's is probably your date of manufacture. Several guitars in this series were made in Japan so you are probably right about that.

According to the description, the H-1111 has phase switches and a preamp control. Have you looked inside to see if it has a preamp?

Hondo also seems to be proud of their adjustable vibrato tailpiece on this guitar.

Looks like you made a good purchase, well done! sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Bassassin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:56 am

This is interesting - I haven't seen one of these before. There's a bit of interest in the Japanese-made Hondos at the www.matsumoku.org forum, because some of the later MIJ Hondos came from the Matsumoku factory.

Try posting some pics over there, somebody might know a bit more.

Jon.
Remembering of all that is past
I see everything before me at last...
Bassassin

by captain » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

HI
I purchased the Hondo H-1111 New in 1983. It cost me around £200. Made in Japan. I still have it. Its a fantastic guitar. It has made an impresion on all who has played it. I will not part with it for anything. I myself are looking to find more info on it.
As when i bought it i was new to the electric guitar scene. I have over the years bought and played many more well known and expensive guitars. But i still come back to this one. If i come accross any info on the H-1111 i will post it on this forum. I hope you can do the same.

Captain
captain

by beanerlizardswan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi,

I bought a Hondo H-1111 guitar recently. If anyone has interest - just want to point out that this guitar model is a copy of the 1980-1981 G&L F-100.
beanerlizardswan

by natacocha » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Greetings, all:

Great forum with awesome info!

Partially due to comments here, I recently purchased an H-1111.

This youtube video of a Hondo MIJ Lead II sounds incredible also helped me make my decision:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0MAKdT0B80

I'll have mine by next weekend -- hopefully worth the flyer.

Anyway, any updated info/links about the H-1111 would be really appreciated. Are you guys pretty sure its MIJ?

Thanks!
natacocha

by VintAxe » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey natacocha.

I think the guy in the video knows what he is talking about. The story I have heard is MIJ by Tokai and his evidence supports the story.

Curious that he is so defensive/hostile in the video. He must know people that hate Hondo guitars. Granted the lower end Korean models leave much to be desired but the H-1111 is in a different class.

Let us know what you think when you get it.
VintAxe
Site Admin

by natacocha » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks, Vintaxe. I will definitely keep you posted.

I echo your sentiments about the guy in the video. Gotta say he was pretty funny though.

But man, that Hondo sounded great! I'll be on the lookout for lead ii copies like his.
natacocha

Return to Basic Vintage Electric Guitar Information

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts