[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - My Graceline story...

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

My Graceline story...

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by SP2333 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:23 am

So i love guitars and have about 10 or so, Also i pick up all sorts of crap from the sides of the road in rubbish pickups etc....

So , I was on the way to work as ususal and i hoon up a back street as you do and i see a whole heap of rubbish in a pile on the front lawn of a house. I saw a bike i wanted to look at, so i did a U-turn and headed back to the pile. There were baby prams, grass clippins, tree branches, old rusted bike, and a guitar headstock poking out of the grass clipping, I had a double take with my eyes, and then pulled this beauty out of the pile.....

I was so excited i rang my wife and straight away to tell her... I imagined she just rolled her eyes...LOL

So i get this thing to work and im amased how good it was. I stripped it completly for a full clean up. Removed all the rust and crud, full polish, truss rod adjustment and fret clean up. It plays and sounds great...

As it was straight from the pile...

SP2333

by VintAxe » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:28 pm

Great Story :)

I wish I could find Kawai's in the rubbish.

As wietse has suggested, your guitar was built after the Teisco/Kawai merger of 1967.

In the USA, value is probably between $150-$250 depending on playability.

Glad you found it before a rain storm. A bit of moisture could have turned it into a "Bluegrass Guitar". Sorry. :roll: sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by Bob K » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:25 am

You did a great job bringing her back to life!! :shock:
Bob K

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts