[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Favorite unusual vintage guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Favorite unusual vintage guitar

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Murphguitarfan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:48 am

I was just wondering what everyones favorite unusual vintage guitar is, preferably US made.
Murphguitarfan

by hobsonator » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:45 am

It's not too unusual. But of the ones I currently own it would probably be my 1955 Harmony H42 Stratotone Newport with Harmometal binding.
hobsonator

by Murphguitarfan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:43 pm

Those Harmony guitars are cool because not many guitars have metal binding. The one you have is considered one of the holy grails of Harmony guitars.

http://216.219.212.85/Harmony/Holygrail.htm
Murphguitarfan

by Spud1950 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:31 am

Hey Murphguitarfan, are you a fan of these?

I don't own one,but one of these is way high on my list of an unusual and obscure US made guitar I would love to have. They're really rare.

Edit- There's for sale on eBay. Extremely rare to see one for sale. Unfotunately, it's too rich for my economy at the moment or I'd grab it! I posted the auction in "Online Auction Guitar Listings and Alerts".
Spud1950

by Murphguitarfan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:53 am

Spud1950, yes I am a fan of Murph guitars. I became interested in them about a year ago. Right after I decided that I wanted to find one, I found one for sale! I bought it immediately. The part that held the tremolo arm on was broken, but I got lucky again and found an unbroken tremolo system on ebay! By the way, I paid $200 for the guitar!
Murphguitarfan

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts