[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - My Parker Fly ain't perfect!

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

My Parker Fly ain't perfect!

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by VintAxe » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:09 am

I've got a 1997 Parker Fly Classic that you can see here if you are curious.

I like the guitar a great deal with a couple of exceptions. My biggest issue revolves around the high E string catching on the side of the pickup cover at the most inopportune times. If I consciously bang the strings hard trying to make the string catch it won't do it. But as soon as I start playing it live, the E string will go dead and I look down to find it hung on the edge of the pickup cover. The guitar should be setup OK. I bought it with a dead circuit board and sent it to Parker for repair. They were great people to deal with and returned the instrument to "factory specs" at no additional charge. This entailed changing the nut, setting it up and redoing the shielding in the control cavity. Anyway, the height of the pickups hasn't been changed since this work so they should be set the way Parker wants them.

Does anyone else have this issue with their Fly. I know my right hand technique might be best described as "pawing" but I still don't think this should be happening.

BTW, my other issue with the instrument is that the upper horn bangs me in the sternum when I play the guitar sitting down. After 30 minute I feel like I've been punched in the chest by Mike Tyson. Oh well, I suppose it wasn't made to be played sitting down in the first place. It's a shame though, I really like the neck. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by cheepaxes » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:37 pm

Steve,

Not that I know you that well but I didn't have you pegged as a Parker kind of guy. :)

I have a friend who put a Lawrence pickup into the neck position of his Tele - going from the traditional chrome-covered pup to one with an exposed bobbin with a lip that tends to catch the high E string. I recently put a Lawrence into the same position and I'm wondering whether that's going to happen to me also. I guess you eventually learn not to do that, like learning not to accidentally turn a Strat down by hitting it with your strumming hand.

-Scott
cheepaxes

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts