[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - The Ugliest Guitar You Secretly Desire

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

The Ugliest Guitar You Secretly Desire

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by VintAxe » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:58 am

Ok Guys, it's time to proclaim to the world your most embarassing "Bizarre Guitar" desire. This can either be a paint job that would get you laughed out of rehearsal or a body shape that would make you extremely self conscious taking on stage. However, despite this threat of public ridicule, you'd still like to add this instrument to your collection.

Let's see em.

Since I have several desires that meet both of the above criteria, I'll start. What can I say about the guitar below, it's like the guitar version of the AMC Javelin. However, I did see a restored Javelin at the auto show last year so there's someone giving them some love. I'd take this homely little orphan home with me. I'd probably need to keep it in a locked cabinet so no one puts out an eye.

VintAxe
Site Admin

by cheepaxes » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:55 am

I would be happy to take that, or most any other pointy guitar, out at a gig for at least a song or two. I'm all for comic relief.

Don't think I'd want the Javelin though. I have a friend who owned a Matador, had a girlfriend who owned a Gremlin and have a sister and a wife who owned Pacers. That's enough exposure to AMC products for me.

Actually, I've had a yen for a violin-shaped guitar for a while. I'm not I'd call those ugly though.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by evilLordJuju » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:05 pm

I want a Guild X-79

they look great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been watching ebay, and I will snag one when the price is right. Hopefully in candy apple red.

I doubt i'll play it out much (or at all) but I still want one!

Theres some basic info here
|
evilLordJuju

by evilLordJuju » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:08 pm

actually compared to that X-100 at the top, the Guild is positively unembarrassing
|
evilLordJuju

by VintAxe » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:03 pm

Interestingly evilLordJuju, the X-100 Bladerunner is a mid 80's Guild also. I like the looks of the X-79 too. I wonder if it is butt heavy with all that wood on the tail end. It looks like the headstock would shoot to the ceiling everytime you take your hands off of it.

I'm thinking the X-100 should be pretty light since all the wood has been whittled away. Good for a shoulder that has supported too many Les Pauls.

sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by evilLordJuju » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:10 pm

|
evilLordJuju

by mrblanche » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:07 pm

Actually, the Javelins are quite the collectors' items now. And some of them are brutally fast. And don't forget the AMX, which was an uber Javelin.

But, you could have had a Pacer! (I actually test drove one when they first came out.)
mrblanche

by cheepaxes » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:10 pm

[quote="mrblanche"]Actually, the Javelins are quite the collectors' items now. And some of them are brutally fast. And don't forget the AMX, which was an uber Javelin.

But, you could have had a Pacer! (I actually test drove one when they first came out.)[/quote]

There was an AMX parked regularly at my bank up until a couple years ago.

Like I said earlier, I *did* drive Pacers for a while. Crappiest car I ever drove, though that may have something to do with the lack of maintentance they received.
cheepaxes

by mrblanche » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:21 am

OK, I'd like to have a purple Javelin.

And I'd like to have this guitar!

mrblanche

by guss » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:34 am

guss

by Spud1950 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:58 pm

Here's the one I want. A Russian Tonika,made in the 1960's. A lump on a stick,obviously designed by someone while under the influence of way too much vodka.

Spud1950

by cheepaxes » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:29 pm

Spud1950: "Here's the one I want. A Russian Tonika,made in the 1960's. A lump on a stick,obviously designed by someone while under the influence of way too much vodka."

Looks like something Art Clokey might have dreamed up.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by Spud1950 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Spud1950

by simonm » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:28 pm

I feel strangely drawn to these, but my max bid would be be £30. I do have a DG-10, which is embarrassing enough, but the DG-1 is even crappier:

simonm

by rgsuperstrat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:45 pm

I actually own a Jem just like that in mrblanche's post. With the lovely borderline manly floral pattern. I enjoy getting all the crap for my flouresent colored 80s axes, every time I go on stage with them. Dont know much about Gremlins, besides not to feed them after midnight. Oh wait, are we talking about the car?
rgsuperstrat

Next

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts