[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Mosrite Copies

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Mosrite Copies

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by 101Volts » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:35 pm

I'd like to know about these Mosrite copies. I know of Danelectros, Eastwoods, Wilson Guitars and Univoxes but I don't know the quality of any of these instruments. The Wilson Brothers ones are played by The Ventures though so that has to count for something. Oh and I know the Danelectros are the most affordable although perhaps they don't sound the best.

By the way, I'm looking for the best Mosrite Ventures Mark 1 copy (For knowledge, Not to buy) But I'd also like to know of the Danelectro Danoblaster (Their Johnny Ramone style guitar) I noticed none of these have a good Mosrite bridge, only Jaguar and Stratocaster style bridges. Are there any with a real Mosrite style bridge?

Oh, and if you know of any more Mosrite copies feel free to mention those too.
101Volts

by Spud1950 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:39 am

As far as a high quality Mosrite copy, there's the Hallmark Guitars 60 Custom.These were designed by Joe Hall,who actually helped to design the orignal '60s Mosrite guitars. Very nice indeed.I think it's way nicer then those Wilson versions. It also costs almost twice as much.Check it out here.

Since the the Mosrite brand is still active and producing guitars,you won't find any Mosrite copy with exactly the same vibrato design as a real Mosrite. They own the rights to design. Unless they license another company to use that design,which they don't, it's illegal for anyone else to make an exact copy of it. Here's the current line of Mosrites being produced. Scroll down to the Mosrite section.

Beside the body having some resemblance to a Mosrite, the Danoblaster really has nothing else in common, especially those Strat type of pickups.Not even close.
Spud1950

by 101Volts » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:43 am

Knowing copies don't have a bridge just like a real Mosrite I'd rather wait to buy a real Mosrite. I have to admit though, the Hallmark copies are the best I've seen. Good headstock and the bridge is probably the closest a copy can get. If I had a choice between all these copies without playing one I'd probably choose the Hallmark. Thanks!
101Volts

by cheepaxes » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:13 pm

FWIW - I noticed that Scott McCaughey, who plays with REM and Robyn Hitchcock, among others, has been using an Eastwood Mosrite copy lately.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by jenelia » Tue May 26, 2009 1:41 am

Unlike most Mosrite copies, the lower bout is off-center with the bulge on the bottom side. It is bound top and back with white binding.

jenelia

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts