[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Bordering on infamnia, I know... (Silvertone 1448)

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Bordering on infamnia, I know... (Silvertone 1448)

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Michael Ambrose » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:32 pm

...but its still sexy.

Someone else routed it for a bucker... I guess thats why I got it so cheap.

Not going to lie... this is not how I wanted this thing to turn out, but I really just wanted to play this thing. Its been on my project shelf for too long!!

I have a bridge-position GFS Retrotron Nashville up there. I like it, but not for this guitar. its REALLY fucking ballsy. like, gut-crunching ballsy... Great pickup, but it totally belongs in a Les Paul (which is where it'll probably end up when I finish this thing).

Don't worry, I cut a fresh pickguard (masonite with a pearloid cap) that will house an ORIGINAL lipstick from a '59 Dano... once I get around to it, of course.
Michael Ambrose

by cheepaxes » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Or you could go all the way perverse and install a DeArmind Mustache at the neck and come up with away to switch pickups. Then you've got ballsy when you want it, plus "chimey" and the combination of the two.

That pickup does look kind of sexy in that guitar.

-Scott
cheepaxes

by Michael Ambrose » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:49 am

Michael Ambrose

by johnnyb » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:50 am

johnnyb

by cheepaxes » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:17 am

cheepaxes

by johnnyb » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:36 pm

a rough photoshop with the double lipstick
johnnyb

by Michael Ambrose » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:50 pm

I'd really thought about it... but I just plain old don't like the look of double lipsticks.

Plus I'm a single-coil kind of guy.

I put the Hilo'Tron in there earlier, and its really getting close to the sound I want... REALLY close...

But honestly, I thin the final solution is going to be to put a real Lipstick in there. I'm hoping I'll have time on my day off on Sunday to rout the new pickguard I cut... I cut a PG that is basically identical to that which you'd find on a 1457 without the "hole" in the center, but instead of painting it I applied and a sheet of white pearloid self-adhesive PG material (like the kind you would find on an acoustic guitar)... definitely looks cool... and I know it'll sound hot with an original lipstick in there...

man, its just been one long journey with this axe!
Michael Ambrose

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts