[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - installing a four-conductor wire pickup in 60's kawai wiring

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

installing a four-conductor wire pickup in 60's kawai wiring

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Dunder » Sun May 23, 2010 9:14 am

Hmmm I don't want to frighten or apall anyone but I'm thinking of sticking a screamin demon on my sixties kawai that has a dead bridge pickup. I see occasional notes on the net that it can perform nicely on a 335 and one is for sale at the moment here where I am.
Not sure it will even physically fit yet but it's the four conductor wiring that has me really stumped and I've searched for but not seen any howtos on connecting it up.
I'm not interested in tapping or anything, just want to hear the thing.
These are the controls I have to give an indication of the wiring beneath. The pick ups share the volume and tone pot and have an on off switch each.
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn17 ... GP7328.jpg
Dunder

by Dunder » Sun May 23, 2010 9:28 am

Oh crikey I may have answered my own question in a previous post.

This (except presently mines single coil) is the closest I've got to the kawais wiring:
http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUHH3T1101
The humbuckers in this diagram have four wires coming out. Is this all they mean by four-conductor wiring? and, therefore I need only identify and solder the north finish to the south finish?
Dunder

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts