[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - recycled guitars

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

recycled guitars

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by VintAxe » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Looks like you are on your way to a really nice looking guitar johnnyb. The clearcoat is really going to pull that grain out. Keep us posted :wink:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by johnnyb » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:31 pm

I was able to put a little more time into finishing the recycled guitar. I took it all apart so i can put a finish on it. I took a little of the beef out of the neck and i like it much better. I went with a black back and a blue front. I also inlaid a chunk of walnut into the back of the body for weight and hopefully a little more resonance. Pine really has a lot left to be desired. I painted the pickguard black but I'm thinking if going with white.

Color coat

Clear coat
johnnyb

by johnnyb » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Well there it is. I'll try to get some better pics with more light, its actually pretty sparkly.

johnnyb

by VintAxe » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Very nice shade of blue johnnyb. How is the intonation with that straight bar bridge?
VintAxe
Site Admin

by johnnyb » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 am

Steve,
The color is lake placid blue. The intonation is perfect. I keep the bridge floating like an archtop and adjust it if it needs it. I played classical when I first started playing, and i noticed they have just a straight bar for the saddle and the intonation is perfect. So a straight bar seems like it would work and it does, as long as its in the right place, even without the b compensation. Chords and inversions are in tune all the way up the neck.

John

johnnyb

Previous

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts