[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Need Help Identifying Old Hollow body Guitar

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Need Help Identifying Old Hollow body Guitar

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by SearchingForTheSound » Mon May 07, 2012 11:51 am

Hi
I have this old hollow body guitar that needs some work. I took the whammy bar off to change the washers, the bridge is not attached and has little pencil marks so you know where to line it up. i cant seem to find any markings of numbers on it at all. Some folks on fender forum are saying maybe its a teisco or a winston or a sub-brand of teisco any help at all would be much appreciated. heres some pics...

SearchingForTheSound

by Jimmy_noise » Tue May 08, 2012 4:57 am

I can tell you it is not a Teisco or Sub-Brand Teisco model. I can't say what it is, but I it is not Teisco. It's going to be a hard one to pinpoint. Trying looking at some early Kawai and Guyatone guitars.
Ta
Jimmy Noise
Jimmy_noise

by SearchingForTheSound » Tue May 08, 2012 12:58 pm

The reason i was thinking Winston is because of this picture another guy posted on the fender forum.

The pickups, bridge, tailpiece, and truss rod match up the same but i cannot find any free pictures of winston catalogs on the web. Thanks for your help though, ill look into those brands.
SearchingForTheSound

by Lonnieboy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Sorry I cznt identify it for you,but I have one that's almost a twin. Many things are the same including truss rod protruding from the bottom of the neck. Pickups are different knobs and switches are different. Mine was supposed to be MIJ however I think Korea would be a more realistic place of origin. One fella say's Hohner. Some say Kent some say Guyatone. I gig with mine every week it's a good rhythm guitar. I did find an exact copy of mine on the internet but the screen went to unable to connect to website before I could read about it. Never am able to raise that website again. Don't you just hate it when that happens? Thry Korean made guitars lots of them out there also a lot of un-named guitars out there also.
If someone threw it away. It's probably because they can't fix it.lonnieboy
Lonnieboy

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts