[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Les Paul Junior resue mission

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Les Paul Junior resue mission

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by Spellcaster » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:05 pm

About five years ago, a friend brought me the husk of a Les Paul Junior.....just the wood, no hardware.....that he'd bought for 15.00. He wanted to have me fix it so he could give it to his son as a birthday gift. I didn't get it done for his next birthday, but by the time the next one rolled around, it was done except the finish. He took it, gave it as a birthday gidt, with the understanding that he'd bring it back in two weeks for finish. Two years went by, and my friend showed up with it, and confessed that he'd given it to a professional luthier for paint, and the guy screwed it up. Bridge and stopbar holes doweled closed, pickup rout hacked out for a humbucker, and all the new hardware I'd installed taken off and floating in a can of rusty water. I redid it, again, taking most of a year, and completed it a couple of weeks ago.

I didn't have a camera the first time I accepted it for restoration, but I have pictures of the second time it came back, and the completed job,,,,,,

Image.

I know just enough to be dangerous...
Spellcaster

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts