The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

new kawai guitar?

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by opotable » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:41 pm

i can only find pianos for sale but someone emailed me wanting to trade me his "almost new cost $600 kawai guitar" for my fujigen LP.

talking to a mate tonight he said maybe the guy meant hawaii guitar............... :lol:

anyone heard of new kawai stuff?

of course it might be a barely ever played 1960's original. :)
opotable

by VintAxe » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:36 pm

opotable, I'm with you. I don't see any current evidence that Kawai has returned to the guitar business. Looks like they hitched their wagon to the piano business and never looked back. If anyone knows anything about recent Kawai guitar production, please post :)
VintAxe
Site Admin

by opotable » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:37 pm

turns out it is a kawai, an F200D . from what i've discovered it's probably 1982/3 and totally laminated.

probably perfectly OK guitar but not in the league to be a straight trade for a 1974 fuijigen LP and i don't want it at all!

the guy bought it in a music store about 15 years ago and only knew that it had been exhibited on sale for quite a few years............

he still wants my antoria and has put the kawai on on auction site. no bids yet:

http://www.ricardo.ch/kaufen/musik-und- ... 738088344/

opotable

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts