[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The VintAxe Guitar Forum • View topic - Colt Peacemaker by Jim Cairnes

The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Colt Peacemaker by Jim Cairnes

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by tnlcooper » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:21 am

Colt Peacemaker. Designed by Jim Cairnes, it has two Cairnes pickups, ebony fingerboard, the trigger is the volume, the hammer is the pickup selector, the ejector rod is a push/pull tone control.

Information on these guitars is scarce. I can only find references to the Guitarzan company that may have been based in the North-East of England, and I know Jim Cairnes made pickups for Burns, but that's about all I can find.

I'd love to know more about it, so if anyone knows anything, or even owns another one of these guitars, please tell!

Cheers,
Tim
tnlcooper

by VintAxe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:59 pm

Cool guitar Tim.

I've thought that it might be interesting to write an article on all the guitars that have been produced that simulate weapons. My list would start with:

Hondo M16
Vox rifle instruments of the late 60's
Gene Simmons "Axe"
etc.

I know there are more. I think a Japanese builder is making some gun inspired instruments at the moment.

Can anyone suggest others? sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by tnlcooper » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:59 am

The Kay K45/Austin Hatchet ?

tnlcooper

by VintAxe » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:53 pm

Here's one of the new gun models I was thinking of. It's cheap and deadly, just like a real AK-47. sb

VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 am

Hi Tim,

I just discovered a flyer I have for the "Vox" Rifle guitars I mentioned earlier. Turns out my memory was a bit faulty in several respects.

First, the guitars were produced in 1972 rather than the late 1960's. It turns out they were sold by Tom Jennings after he split from Vox, so officially, they are Jennings guitars.

They are made of metal and look pretty cool. Do you ever see one for sale in the U.K.? There couldn't have been that many of them made.

Here's a thumb of the flyer:
VintAxe
Site Admin

by VintAxe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:49 pm

Here is another gun inspired instrument that I believe is currently being marketed.

This time it is a 5 string bass:

VintAxe
Site Admin

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts