The VintAxe Guitar Forum

A Place for Vintage Guitar Enthusiasts to Pursue their Passion

Help with a Teisco 460........

Post here if you have an instrument rescue tale, a current restoration project, a vintage instrument acquisition, a prized instrument, an unusual guitar or a guitar story to share with visitors

Moderators: cheepaxes, VintAxe, Phizix

by johnnyaquanet » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:37 am

Hey every one I'm a new member! This is my first Teisco and I'm loving it but it has 2 slight hair line finish cracks at the neck joint. Realy small and hard to see but could you guys look at the pics and let me know what you think? thanks!!. http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c163/ ... et/teisco/
johnnyaquanet

by VintAxe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:12 am

Hi Johnny and welcome to the forum,

I don't see anything alarming about the cracks on the neck pocket of your guitar. Keep in mind this is the weakest part the instument and is subjected to the most intense, constant stress. The cracks align perfectly with where the neck screws are passing through the neck pocket to screw into the neck. I think you are seeing the effects of the wood and finish moving and the metal screws staying still. Something has got to give and in this case it appears to be the finish only. Don't worry as long as the joint is structurally sound.

From the pictures, you guitar appears to be in amazing condition for an instrument built in the late 60's. Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. sb
VintAxe
Site Admin

by johnnyaquanet » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:38 am

Thanks for the reply! And yes its a very clean guitar just a few scratches. I used to see these kind of guitars in the shops back in 1972. It took me a long time but I finally got one! :wink:
johnnyaquanet

Return to General Guitar Discussion

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts